Equestrian Farm With Waterfrontage
- Status: For Sale
- Property type: Farm
Nestled in LaCloche foothills just 30 minutes from Sudbury, this sprawling homestead has potential for a variety of uses. Enjoy 470 acres of mixed forests, mountains, pastures and meadows, lakes and streams. Miles of established riding trails. Almost 1,500 feet of water frontage on 2 private lakes. 2,100 sq foot, 5 bedroom farm house with a large office and storage area for your business needs, plus additional 1,200 sq feet in the full high basement. Traditional cattle barn converted to 20 box stall horse barn, built from rough hewn lumber logged from the property. A rare opportunity, this magnificent and unique property can be yours.
- Original farm house with classic décor and features.
- Brick and siding exterior.
- Lofty 9’ ceilings on the main level. Spacious principal rooms.
- Open concept with post and beam décor.
- Spacious foyer and center hallway leads to the office, huge storage area, and through to the country kitchen.
- The office is perfect for a home based business. Spacious and bright with 2 large windows. Lovely views. A great place to work.
- The storage gallery leads to basement stairs. This space has enormous potential. Consider walk in closets for your outer wear, or a main floor laundry. Plenty of room for extra fridge, freezers. Some or all of these uses and more. What will suit your needs?
- Spacious eat in country style kitchen overlooks the great room. Plenty of storage in the extended honey oak cabinetry.
- Great Room off the kitchen with post and beam décor. Lots of windows, plenty of natural light and beautiful views. Sliding garden doors to front yard.
- Parlor with wood burning fireplace, floor to ceiling brick surround and hearth. Sliding garden doors lead to side yard.
- Spacious four piece bath.
- Open staircase with classic wood newel posts and spindles leads to the second level.
- 5 bedrooms around a center hall, and a 2 piece bath.
- Some really charming strip hardwood ceilings. Tall baseboards and original trim.
- Oversized windows in every room offer natural light and magnificent views.
- Original plank wood flooring in the upper hall and 2 bedrooms.
- Block foundation. Full and high, added mid 1990’s. 1260 square feet, partly finished, consists of four large rooms.
- Workshop/ storage room, with shelving and workbench.
- Additional storage room, unfinished.
- Huge mostly finished area set up for home based business. 2 massive closets for extra storage. Large window.
- Huge utility room, plenty of storage shelving, Roughed in area for a sauna has concrete border and drain.
- Oil fueled boiler system provides hot water heat in main level and basement, furnace is owned and was installed approximately 2001. HWT owned, 3 years old.
- Forced air electric heat and A/C combo unit on the 2nd level installed circa 1999.
- Dug well is located in the mountain with 500 feet of draw. Septic system.
- Traditional cattle barn converted to 20 box stall horse barn, which includes 2 foaling stalls, built from rough hewn white pine lumber logged from the property by the owner (approximately $50K in materials).
- Upper area has a loft and a storage area useful for feed bins.
- Water supply to the barn from the main well.
- Approximately 470 acres, mixed pastures and meadows, forests, mountains, lakes and streams. Water frontage on Bell lake. Some black oak and mountain oak on mountains, red pine and white pine.
- Paving stone parking area next to house for 3 cars.
- Round pen surrounded by wild game fencing.
- Paddocks surrounded by approximately 1 mile of wild game fencing.
- Approximately 1,000 feet frontage on Bell Lake, a quiet lake with no public access and only 4 residences. Approximately 500 feet of frontage on Moon Lake, a small private lake with no other residences. Consider building a cabin to enjoy as your personal get away.
- Hay Fields - approximately 70 acres.
- All exterior doors and windows updated circa 1995, very high quality.
- New shingles October 2015.
- Plumbing updated mid 1990’s, copper and plastic.
- Electrical upgraded with 200 amp service, plus additional 100 amp service to house, and 60 amp service to the barn.
- Amenities No amenities